Request for Information
Route 66 Visitors Center Banquet Room Operator
TO: Invited Parties
FROM: Luis Hernandez Jr. – Executive Director
SUBJECT: Banquet Room/Event Center Operator
The West Central Community Development Group is is Extending a Request for Information for Banquet Room/Event Center operator proposals from qualified Banquet/Event Companies in the Albuquerque & Surrounding Metro Area.
We are looking for letters of interest and general concepts for the space. Final details and designs are not required for this phase of the process.
Bernalillo County and City of Albuquerque are developing a Route 66 Visitor Center located at 12200 Central SW ABQ NM 87121, atop of Nine Mile Hill, near Atrisco Vista and I-40. The design plans for the 21,000 square foot multipurpose center includes a banquet/event hall, outdoor amphitheater, Route 66 museum, taproom, gift shop, and administrative offices. The outdoor areas, including the parking lot, will be utilized for a makeshift drive-in theater, car shows, and other events.
The proposed visitor center is located on Bernalillo County property. The Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) has selected WCCDG through a competitive proposal process to be the facility operator and manager.
The facility at the Route 66 Center is designed to be a functional and flexible event hall including a banquet room with pre-function lobby and outdoor patio, as well as an over sized kitchen that is sized for classes and demonstrations. With spectacular views of the city of Albuquerque, we feel this will become one of the most popular places to hold an event.
Banquet Room – A 4,852 square foot banquet room seating up to 250 for weddings and banquets (six-foot rounds seating 10 each) along with a dance floor and 917 square foot outdoor balcony with mountain views.
Pre-Function – The 1,106 square foot pre-function area allows for a separate set-up for pre-function activities including cocktails and/or displays.
Kitchen – The 1,564 square foot kitchen is sized for multiple purposes including banquet preparation and service, as well as a food classes and demonstrations.
Service – A total of 1,093 square feet of service functions including rest rooms, mechanical, and circulation.
We want to partner with an existing banquet/event business operator to create an environment that captures the purpose of the visitors center. A multifaceted venue that brings people together locally, nationally, and internationally.
The operator is an existing banquet/event business operator who is well versed in venue rental, catering, and can provide full liquor/bar for guests.
Naming and branding is important to us, we would like to be involved in the branding of the banquet room to ensure the vision of the visitors center is captured.
WCCDG reserves the right to select and negotiate dates for use of the banquet room for its own private fundraising events and/promotions.
WCCDG is a nonprofit community development corporation active on the westside of Albuquerque. The purpose of WCCDG is to actively promote and affect the redevelopment and revitalization of the West Central Metropolitan Redevelopment Area and surrounding neighborhoods.
The WCCDG Board of Directors consists of 15 volunteer members. The board of directors represent neighborhood associations, merchants and businesses.
The Rt 66 Visitors Center is a community driven project led by the Southwest Alliance of Neighbors and the West Central Community Development Group, who over the last 28 years advocated and secured public financing from state, county and city government to make the center a reality.
Albuquerque has the longest stretch of the historic mother road in the country, and when operational, the visitor center will have a national presence and locally will further advance economic development on the West Central corridor.
The center will be a catalyst for tourism-related business along West Central. It will help stimulate private and public investment, create jobs and bring greater prosperity to the West Side, and all of Albuquerque.
The proposal must be received on flash drive in pdf format or via compressed email in pdf format and should not to exceed 10 pages. Information should include:
1. COVER LETTER: Provide a cover letter describing the interest in opening and operating a Banquet Room and summarizing the major points contained in the proposal.
2. TEAM MEMBERS: Identify each team member and who your point of contact will be. Include contact information for each team member (address, telephone, email).
3. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE OF TEAM MEMBERS: Identify applicable team experience in banquet room operations and management, and how the team will ensure it works effectively.
4. CATERING: Provide resumes and 2 references for each team member that will be involved with the catering aspect of the business. Describe successes and/or failures of team members in the food/restaurant industry. Describe the products you will serve, and a sample menu.
5. VENUE RENTAL: Provide resumes and 2 references for each team member that will be involved with the venue rental operation and management,if applicable describe any successes and/or failures of team members in the meeting and events industry.
6. SHORT BUSINESS PLAN: Provide an estimate of project development costs, a project proforma with estimated revenues and expenses, and an outline of the financing strategy. Also note the total amount of capital required to develop and operate, and key assumptions in this financial analysis. Discuss the short and long term vision for the proposed project and its consistency with industry trends.
7. FINANCIAL CAPACITY: Provide reasonable evidence that you have the capacity to secure financial commitments.
8. MARKETING: provide a short marketing plan for the proposed banquet room, and provide examples of how it will be marketed to local and national individuals & businesses for events. Describe planned participation in local, regional, and other events. Explain how you will leverage the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, SnapChat, Pinterest to promote the banquet/event center?
All questions and correspondence should be directed to Luis Hernandez Jr. at the above address or 505-688-4122. Contact with Bernalillo County or City of Albuquerque personnel regarding this RFI may be grounds for elimination from the selection process.
We will look forward to receiving your proposals on or before October 15, 2020.