Crews will begin a sewer rehabilitation project along Old Coors Road from Gonzales to Sage Road beginning on Monday, September 19. There will be three 18-inch bypass pipes laying in the middle of Old Coors Road for the duration of construction. These pipes will divert sewer flows during the project. This equipment will require various lane closures along this stretch of roadway (see maps).
Regular work hours will be from 7:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. Crews may work outside of these hours if necessary.
The target completion date is in February 2023, but as with all construction projects this timetable is subject to change.
How will this improvement project impact you?
1. Access in and out of schools or businesses will be maintained for the duration of the project. Drive through barricades with caution. Please speak with the construction crew for any concerns you have regarding access to your residence or business.
2. Please follow the posted detours at Gonzales/Old Coors and Sage/Old Coors for business access.
3. The bypass pumps will be located just north of Gonzales in the middle of Old Coors Drive. The bypass pumps will run 24 hours a day and will generate some noise.
4. Odors may be present near the suction pit and bypass pumps north of Gonzales and Old Coors Drive.
5. For trash pick-up days, place your trash bins in their usual spot. The City of Albuquerque and Waste Management have been notified of this construction and the crews will accommodate the solid waste truck on trash days.
6. It is not anticipated that water or sewer service will be interrupted during the project.
7. Please use caution and obey all construction signage, slow down your speed, and allow for extra time to reach your destination.
Have questions and concerns? Please contact:
Tom Matthews, Water Authority, Project Manager, 505-289-3241, email@example.com
Rachel Stone, Water Authority, Communications Specialist, 505-289-3071, firstname.lastname@example.org
JD Horton, Insituform, Construction Manager, 303-249-0237
Emergencies and after-hours call 505-842-WATR (9287)
(NOTE: All work is weather permitting and subject to change without notice)
Thank you for your patience while we improve Albuquerque’s infrastructure
Read Full PDF